Companies don’t go down for what they don’t know. Companies go down for what they think they know, but isn’t so.
What we do
Modern businesses operate in an increasingly dynamic and complex environment, where traditional linear models and thought processes can often prove misleading. The market seems to be morphing constantly due to changing trends and countless contributing factors. Yet it goes without saying that in order to make your business a success, you need to understand your market. This is where STE Analytics can help.
The STE Analytics team are experts in mathematical model building based on system dynamics. This means we focus first on understanding how the different parts of the market affect and interact with each other. We then synthesize these different parts into a coherent system, put it into a mathematical form and simulate the business decisions your company could potentially face. This is followed by an in-depth analysis of the rationale and results of these decisions and how they would affect long-term profitability.
We make it our business to know how key decisions are being made. An important step in this process is establishing the underlying structure, moving beyond mere organisational and market features to consider other important characteristics like mental models, inherent values, beliefs and dominant perceptions.
In short, STE Analytics utilises mathematical models and expert analysis to help our valued customers make wise business decisions.
The service we provide can be divided roughly into two areas – analysing the past and predicting the future. Understanding how your business got to where it is today is crucial if you wish to make useful future predictions.
In our analysis of your company’s history, we focus on how the market has behaved in order to determine the key factors that drive it. In our projection of potential future scenarios, the focus shifts to how the market and competitors will react to your choices. Both phases are founded on comprehensive data.
Descriptive ServicesDevelop understanding
- Market does not make sense to us. How come price can still decline although industry has taken out altogether 350,000 tons of capacity?
- What drives our service and maintenance business demand? What’s the impact of recently imposed tariffs on the imports and domestic product price level?
- We need to convince the competition authorities that the post merger entity does not have an unreasonable pricing power in its reference market. Can you provide argumentation for us?
Diagnostic ServicesCreate awareness
- Demand behaves unpredictably and makes our short term production planning inefficient. Can we improve our practices?
- We’ve decided to seek more market share. Will the competitors retaliate and how?
- We have increased customer service budgets, yet customers feel that service quality hasn’t improved. Why is this?
Predictive ServicesUncover your future
- How our business environment looks for the next 36 months ahead?
- Our competitor has announced a price hike, should we follow? What happens to our profitability in either case?
- We are considering of selling one of our business areas. When would be the best timing to negotiate?
- Digital media is eating our market. When is the worst over for our product demand?
Prescriptive ServicesRedesign your future
- We’ve decided to seek more market share. What is the most effective set of actions in the near term future?
- We are considering a dramatically new customer service concept. While competing with our competitors’ services it also cannibalizes our own business. Should we go for it , when and how much?
Our process and how we work
Deducing your market and data
The first step in any of our projects is for us to sit down with you and learn about the everyday operations, needs and aspirations of your business. We’ll take a look at your past and present data and talk with your key people to get a better idea of how the market you work in operates. From this mountain of information, we will then glean the most important components and get to work.
2. Analysis & Simulation
Modelling your business
In the second step we do what we do best: carefully analyse the core data and expert interviews testimony. Combining these two powerful sources of information allows us to discover the underlying cause-and-effect chains that drive your market’s behaviour. These causalities are then transferred into a mathematical model.
3. Delivery & Maintenance
Providing valuable answers
In the final step, we work together with your company’s best people to apply the model and generate practical answers to the questions at hand. In many customer relationships we are asked to continue our partnership by updating the model and engaging in continued joint analysis to support optimal business performance. Our goal is to see you succeed.